The Village Hall is managed by a voluntary community management group called “Whitminster Village Hall & Playing Field Management Committee). It is run as a charity called the Whitminster Village Hall & Playing Field Charity, Gloucester (Ref: 277800).
The Committee made up as follows:
- Representatives of User Groups and Village Organisations .
- Elected parishioners.
- Co-option of 3 “experts” and or interested members is encouraged for specific projects.
- Officers: Chairperson, Treasurer, and Secretary
- Other appointments: Booking Secretary, Caretaker and a paid Cleaner
To keep up to date with regulations and changes to regulations we are a member of the Village and Community Hall’s Network (Stroud District) who’s objectives are:
- To make easier communication and support between the committees of Village and Community Halls within the Stroud District.
- To encourage active involvement in the group, ensuring a friendly, interactive and informal ethos through communication and at its meetings.
- To ascertain and share common problems, successes and issues in relation to the management of Village & Community Halls.
- To liaise with, and support with the professionals (Gloucestershire Rural Community Council) in the circulation of information around the Village and Community Halls in the district.
- To offer information, and the facility for communication, through the Village & Community Halls’ Network website.
The Whitminster Village Hall and Playing Field Management Committee have two representatives on the Village & Community Halls Network Committee and regularly attend their Committee meetings and information events.