If the hirer is in any doubt about any of the conditions, immediately consult the Booking Secretary.
- Is responsible for licensing the premises with the performing rights society, fire authority and Stroud District Council for premises and liquor Licences.
- Reserve the right to cancel any hiring in the event of all or part of the premises being required for a polling station for European, Parliamentary and Local Government Elections. In such case the hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any monies paid.
- Reserve the right to cancel hiring in the event of a local / community Emergency.
- Has discretion over the payment/repayment of the hiring fee if the hirer cancels the booking before the date of the event and the committee is unable to find a replacement booking.
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Will be responsible, during the period of hire, for the supervision of the premises, fabric and contents their care from damage (however slight) or change of any sort and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction to the highway.
- Shall not sub-let or use the premises for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything, which may endanger the same or any insurance policies in respect thereof.
- Shall indemnify the committee for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the building that may occur during the period of hiring as a result of the hiring. Should any damage occur it should be reported to the booking secretary without delay.
- Is responsible for leaving the premises and the surrounds at the end of the booking in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise and contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced. No nails, screws, adhesive tape or other fixings shall be applied to the wall surfaces. Otherwise the committee shall be at liberty to make an additional charge. No alterations shall be made to the electrical circuits or fittings.
- Shall at all times be responsible for any equipment or goods brought onto the premises.
The Management Committee’s insurance does not cover hirer’s property or the hirers public liability.
- Must at dances and discos provide one steward per twenty-five people and to prevent public nuisance inside and outside the premises during and after the event.
- Ensure Disco’s carry current Public Liability Insurance and Portable Appliance Testing Certificates. Ensure Disco’s do not use Smoke or Haze Machines.
- Must strictly observe the food safety regulations as set out on page 4.
- Must ensure that no private supplies of intoxicating liquor are brought onto the premises without written permission. Only persons over 18 years are allowed to purchase and/or consume intoxicating liquor on the premises. It is an offence to purchase alcoholic beverages for consumption by persons under 18 years of age.
Conditions of Premises Licence:
The Hirer will ensure that children and young persons are not allowed on the premises when entertainment of an adult nature is provided. This complies with the protection of children meeting the Objectives of the Licensing Act 2003.
- MUST at the commencement of the hire, make themselves and those present, aware of the position of all fire extinguishers and the nearest phone box which is situated in The Close. (Turn Right out of the Car Park and immediately Right into Henry Withers and The Close etc.)
- MUST IN THE EVENT OF A FIRE:
i) Evacuate the premises immediately.
ii) Call the Fire Brigade 999.
iii) Use the fire extinguishers – if safe to do so.
N.B. The Hall is provided with adequate means of escape in case of fire and these are clearly marked.
N.B. In the event of a power failure the exit signs will be illuminated automatically.
- ALL FOOD WASTE MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE PREMISES. i.e (TAKEN HOME WITH YOU) AT THE END OF YOUR EVENT.
BAGS ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE